The Washtenaw Saints are a Christian tackle football team serving the Washtenaw County area. The Saints are characterized by the following:
- Building Godly character
- Encouraging healthy camaraderie
- Turning boys into men
Here are the details for the upcoming 2020 season:
- Team: Washtenaw Saints; tackle football for 8th graders thru Seniors.
- Framework: The Saints have a Christian framework. As such, we encourage the cultivation of Godly character on and off the field.
- Season: We’re planning to play 8 games; 6 at the JV level & 2 at the varsity level; most games on Thurs nights, 1 on a Wednesday night, 2 on Saturdays; 1st game Thurs 8/27; last game 10/22 or 10/24.
- Opponents: Firm games so far include the Huron River Rats JV, Madision/Adrian Trojans JV, and Grand Rapids Patriots Varsity.
- Home Field: Our home field is Saline Middle School, Saline, MI (Crabtree Field).
- Travel: Our away games are all within 1 hour of our practice field except 1 in Grand Rapids.
- Practices: Begin 8/3/20 at Domino’s Farms, by US-23 and M-14, Mon/Tues/Thurs & some Fridays; 6pm start.
- Ages: 8th grade thru seniors
- Clarification: There is a another Washtenaw Saints team, unrelated, at the middle school level.
- Safety: Due to our broad age range, we tend to limit game participation accordingly to ensure safety; against JV teams we limit the positions of our older players; against Varsity teams our youngest players are in learning mode with very limited playing time.
- Cost: $300 for earlybirds by 5/1/2020; $350 after that.
- Fundraising Requirement: We are getting new helmets this season; each player is required to invest 10 hours in fundraising events such as working a concessions stand at UM stadium, etc.
- Family participation: Each family needs to help out with the home games; jobs include ticket collection, concessions stand, chain gang, announcer, clock, etc.; players with special circumstances may request to be excused; bottom line: many hands make the burden light.
- Head Coach: Coach Kirk Parrish is returning for his 2nd year as head coach. He will be joined by multiple assistant coaches.
- To register: Go to www.cal-a.net (registration set to begin 3/15/2020).
Keywords: tackle football, youth, boys, Washtenaw County, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Saline, Milan, Dexter, Chelsea, Whitmore Lake, Canton, Plymouth, Brighton, Howell, Flint